Three Rivers District 2018 Klondike
Chimney Park, Wyoming
February 2nd to 4th 2018
The 2018 Three Rivers Klondike will be a great experience for scouts. The elements of winter camping combined with fun stations will give our scouts a chance to learn and show off their scouting skills while having fun in an extreme climate.
Please make sure your units train your Scouts for winter camping. Spend time covering proper winter camping techniques and cold weather gear. Dehydration and hypothermia are some safety factors that should be addressed before your Klondike experience.
We will start check in on Friday night. Troops can come in any time Friday to get camp set up.
An SPL meeting will be held on Saturday morning at 8:00 am in the cabin to check in with the Troops.
Troops need to file a roster with the scout office and bring a copy of the roster for the weekend.
Each troop must be prepared to move their gear from the parking lot to their camp site as you will not be allowed to drive to your campsite. We would recommend bringing sleds to move your gear. Your troop will be assigned a camping area upon arrival.
Fires must be raised in a fire pit. No ground fires will be permitted.
All scouts that are sledding, skiing, snowboarding, etc…must bring and wear a helmet.
The cabin will be open 24 hours/day, all weekend. There will be hot water and coffee for adults throughout the weekend. We will also have first aid personnel on duty in the cabin for the duration of the weekend.
Planned Activities include:
- Survival Fire Building
- First Aid
- Shelter Building
- An Obstacle Course
- Check in Friday night
- Troops set up camp site
- 7:00 am – 8:00 am Breakfast
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am SPL meeting in the cabin
- 8:30 am – 8:45 am Opening Ceremony/Flags in front of cabin
- 8:45 am – 12:15 pm Program Time
- 8:45 am – 9:15 am Station #1
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am Station #2
- 10:15 am – 10:45 am Station #3
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am Station #4
- 11:45 am – 12:15 pm Station #5
- 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch
- 1:45 pm – 2:30 pm Scoutmaster Sled Race
- 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm Capture the Flag
- (All scouts MUST wear a helmet when sledding, snowboarding, and skiing)
- 4:30 pm Evening Flags
- 4:45 pm – 6:00 pm Dinner
- 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm Campfire
- (Troops are encouraged to come prepared with a skit or song)
- 8:00 pm Cracker Barrel
- Check out and head home