Mountain Eagle Chapter
The Order of the Arrow is a Brotherhood of honor campers. For more details, please see the National OA Site or the BSA’s Order of the Arrow information page.
OA members in the Rocky Mountain District make up the Mountain Eagle Chapter of the Longs Peak Council’s KOLA Lodge.
- Scout Leaders,
- As you all know the Order of the Arrow is an important part of the Boy Scout Movement. It has been around since 1915. It gives our older Scouts something to look forward to in the Boy Scouts. It also gives our youth the opportunity to learn more in leadership and an understanding of what the Boy Scouts stand for.
We need our youth to understand that we need them to be the leaders in the Chapter. We need the Scouts to come to the Roundtable meeting and get involved with what the Chapter is doing and where it is going.
This is a new time. We need to take it on and make it work. But without the Scouts getting involved with it and without the leaders getting behind it and encouraging the Scouts to get involved the Brotherhood of Cheerful Service will mean nothing for the Troops, the Districts, the Council or the Community.
So I would like to see the Scouts and some Adults at the Chapter meeting at the same times as the Roundtable meetings. We will discuss all that we have to do and also have some fun doing it.
Bill Colby, Chapter Adviser
Every year the Mountain Eagle Chapter of the Order of the Arrow sets up appointments for Unit Elections to select candidates for membership. Visitation/Election date can be scheduled by completing the form below. Additional information please contact our Mountain Eagle Chapter adviser Bill Colby or Chance Bower
Unit Elections are conducted each year, December 1 thru March 31. The chapter is striving for Chapter Journey to Excellence and would like to contact 100% of the Troops/Teams in the district.
All unit elections MUST be conducted by a certified OA election team. Units may not conduct their own elections, even if they have OA members within their units.
We need to know:
- Your unit type and number
- Date you would like your elections to be held. Elections are first come, first served. Please also have alternate dates selected.
- Location of troop meeting, including street address.
- Contact person with phone number.
- We will call you within the week before to verify the OA Election is on the calendar for your unit.
- You may also sign up for Unit OA elections at the monthly District Roundtables.
Schedule an Election here. Unit Elections Form
Inter Troop District Challenge
Purposes of the challenge: This is to help you in getting your scouts more active with troop, district, council, and OA activities as well as your leaders to be active. SHEETS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- Instruction Sheet with all the details
- Score Sheet for Youth (under 18)
- Score Sheet for ages 18 through 20
- Score Sheet for Adults (21 and older)
Monthly OA Chapter Meeting
- The Chapter meets on the same night and at the same location as the Rocky Mountain District Adult Leader Roundtables
- The 2nd Thursday of each month (not June/July)
- LDS Church
3800 Mountain Lion Drive, Loveland
(just off East Hwy 34, near Mountain View High School)
- All OA Members in the Rocky Mountain District are encouraged to attend to help keep our Chapter going strong!
- If your troop does not yet have a Troop Representative, you can serve in this office if you are an active OA member. It counts toward Boy Scout rank advancement requirements, and helps your troop OA members stay in touch with what’s happening in the Lodge and Chapter.
- The Troop OA Representative is appointed by the Troop SPL, with Scoutmaster approval.
- Contact the Chapter Chief, Lodge Vice Chief of Troop Representatives, or the Chapter Advisor (below) to give your contact information to the Chapter.More Info: Troop Representative Job Description (National OA Site)
- Kola Lodge Events (see Council Calendar for specific dates)
- Winter Festival (January)
- Section W5C Conclave (April)
- Spring Service Weekends at Camp Laramie Peak and Ben Delatour Scout Ranch (May & June)
- Fall Fellowship (September)
Yours in Brotherhood and Service,
Bill Colby, Chapter Advisor
970 622-0132 or firstname.lastname@example.org