February 9th – 11th
Scout – $20
Adult – $15
Webelos – $10
Please make sure your units train your Scouts for winter camping. Spend time covering proper winter camping techniques and cold weather gear. Dehydration and hypothermia are some safety factors that should be addressed before your Klondike experience.
- Rosters with present Klondike attendees at Check-IN.
- Klondike 2018 Leaders Guide – (Print Here)
** Please be aware spaces will be limited for parking next to individual camp grounds.
- 1 vehicle or trailer is allowed to be parked next to the camp ground.
- Look for signage on arrival.
All Units are responsible for their meal preparations:
- Supper – (Cracker Barrel for all of the Scoutmasters and Senior Patrol Leaders from each troop.)
- *** Supper *** – Tonia will be cooking ingredients that each troop will bring for the pot-latch dinner. We are going to be making chili and a new taco soup! Tonia will be contacting everyone with what to bring.
- Volunteers to oversee station activities.
- Volunteers with Medical Training.(First Aid, Medic, Nurse)
Schedule of Events
Friday, February 9th
- 2 – 7 pm Check in and make camp
- 8:30 pm Cracker Barrel for Scoutmaster & SPL information meeting in the Carriage House -check in if not checked in earlier.
- 10 pm Taps (Light outs)
Saturday, February 10th
- 7 – 8:30 am Breakfast prep, eat & clean up; stations set up
- 8:30 am Opening ceremony flags; Sled inspection
- 9-12pm Station Activities (20 minutes blocks with 10 minutes passing)
- 12-1 pm Lunch as units prep, eat, & clean up
- 1-3 pm Station Activities (20 minutes blocks with 10 minutes passing)
- 3-5 pm Troop time work on bonus activities; stations tear-down; LDS groups check out & awards
- 5 pm Closing flag ceremony
- 5:15-7 pm Pot-latch Gathering for Dinner
- 7-8 pm Camp fire program
- 10 pm Lights out
Sunday, February 11th
- 7-8:45 am Breakfast & cleanup/pack up
- 8:45 am Scouts Own
- 10 am Final Check out
- Nugget Launchers
- Snow Ball Slingshots
- Hawk Throw
- Spear Throw
- Iditarod (Sled Race)
- Stretcher Carry Obstacle Course
- Fire Building
- Ice/Snow Sculptures
- Snow Shoe Dash
- Leave No Trace
- Camping Chair: Shawn Strickland email@example.com
- Committee Member: Tonia Webb firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Member: Ed Gosnell email@example.com