This page is a resource for the membership committee and for unit leaders looking to improve their recruitment efforts
The membership Committee meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at the Crown Pub in old town at 5:30pm.
here is the link for the Membership Drive for any leader to look at and see the resources available to you. .
Here is a Great Video to help in the recruitment of Cub Scouts. the Studies show that kids involved in Scouts and sports do better then those who are just involved in sports.
Myths and Facts about applications
Myth: You should hold onto any new scout applications until you turn in your recharter packet, its less work on council.
FACT: Waiting until recharter actually creates double work for both the leaders and council, so you should turn in any New Scout Applications immediately.
Myth: You should hold onto any new scout applications until the next Roundtable.
FACT: Waiting until roundtable delays the scout input, slowing down your ability to access their information in advancement and other council systems, so you should turn in any New Scout Applications immediately.
Myth: You should hold onto any new scout applications until we get done with recruiting.
FACT: We should be recruiting year-round thus the end will never come. Turn in any New Scout Applications immediately to be sure your new scouts are covered under Scouting’s umbrella insurance policy.
Myth: You need to drive any new scout applications down to the council office.
FACT: You can turn in New Scout Applications in a variety of ways:
- Drop them off in our DE’s box at the Loveland Scout Store
- Arrange an application pickup, we will come to you!
- Arrange a meeting location, Starbucks always works
- Hand them to your commissioner
- Bring them to the next scout function (Roundtable, Committee, Training, etc)
- Contact our DE Michael Baker firstname.lastname@example.org 970.584.2208
- Contact myself Mark Kerwood email@example.com 970.980.3866
Just don’t hold onto them! 🙂