Online LNT Training
Council LNT Training
BSA Leave No Trace 101
This introduction to Leave No Trace is for ALL Boy Scouts, Venturers and adult leaders (including Cub leaders) who use the outdoors. It is the minimum recommended training for ALL adults and older scouts who will be teaching Leave No Trace in their troops and/or signing off on the 2nd Class, First Class, or merit badge Leave No Trace requirements.
- Who Can Attend: Adults, Boy Scouts and Venturers
- Course Format: BSA Leave No Trace 101 is typically 3½ – 4 hours long. It is a combination of presentation, discussion and hands-on acivities. It can be done as a single class, or several shorter classes (such as a month of troop meetings).
- Recognition: Upon completion, participants will receive a training card, and the course is entered in their official Council/BSA training Record.
- Instructors: Instructors must be LNT Trainers or Master Educators.
- Host a Course: Please see our Trainer List for Trainers in your District.
BSA Leave No Trace Master Educator Courses
The Master Educator Courses are 5-day, 5-night courses offered in a single week or on 2 weekends. Many offer a choice of frontcountry or backcountry emphasis, and some have other specialties such as horse trips or canoeing.
- The course fee varies and is usually in the $240-$500 range.
- BSA LNT Master Educator Courses are open to adult Scouters (18 and older).
- BSA LNT Master Educator Courses
Request a Course
If you have at least 8 youth (14 and older) or adults eager to take the LNT Trainer course, we’ll work with you to set something up. Please contact Mark Hammer.
LPC LNT Trainers – Google Group
A forum for anyone teaching and promoting Leave No Trace in the Longs Peak Council, especially LNT Trainers, district conservation chairs and leader trainers.
To join the Group, you will need a Google account. Then sign in and “Apply for Membership” at: groups.google.com/group/lpc-lnt-trainers?hl=en