Each week during the summer season, a group of Camp Commissioners assist the staff in helping the troops have a successful camp experience. There is a need for at least two Camp Commissioners in each of the following camps: Camp Jeffrey, and Camp Laramie Peak. We need at least three Camp Commissioners for Camp Nicol. There are also opportunities to serve in the handicraft areas and at the Camp Soaring Eagle Chuckwagon.
Commissioners are provided with housing, meals, and the normal facilities of a staff member. Commissioners arrive early on Sundays, and depart late on Saturdays. They visit the troop sites on a daily basis, and work to resolve any challenges. They can assist with instructing Boy Scout Leader Fast Start Training, and Youth Protection Training. Camp Commissioners must be experienced Scouters with the ability to physically endure a week of walking at the camp.
7 Items for Camp Commissioners
- Camping Dates
- Camp Commissioner Online Signup Form – sign up now!
- Camp Commisioner Application – download, print, fill it out and bring to camp.
- Camp Medical Form – download, print, have it completed by doctor, and bring to camp.
- Position Description – download, print and keep for reference.
- Commissioner Guidebook – download, print and keep for reference.
For more information, please contact Red McDonald, Council Camps Commissioner.