BSA Giving Away $250 SAT/ACT Programs
In alliance with the Boy Scouts of America, eKnowledge and the SAT/ACT Donation Project are giving Boy Scout families (past and present) $250 SAT and ACT test prep programs for just the cost of providing the programs (under $20). The fee covers everything, including materials, shipping, student support, and streaming.
You may request your programs online: www.eknowledge.com/BSA or further information can be found on the BSA Web site www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Media/eKnowledge.aspx
Rocky Mountain Stamp Show
The RMSS will include numerous world scouting stamp displays of interest to both scouts and scouters. In addition Scouts On Stamps Society International (SOSSI)will be holding their annual meeting at this show where they will have a special scouting stamps table and several scout stamp presentations. The show will also have a youth area where experienced stamp collectors can assist scouts in the art of stamp collecting. By attending the show Boy Scouts will meet Stamp Collecting Merit Badge requirement #7b.
The Rocky Mountain Stamp Show is the weekend of May 16 - 17 - 18 with the show being open on Friday and Saturday from 10:00AM to 6:00PM and on Sunday from 10:00AM to 3:00PM. The show location is the Crowne Plaza Hotel at 15500 East 40th Avenue (I-70 and Chambers Road) in Denver. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and military personnel are admitted free if in uniform!
Colorado Eagles Scout Night
Hockey! - History in the Making
Wednesday, March 13th
- Time: Early entry for scouts & families begins at 5:20PM for a 7:05PM game time
- Where: The Budweiser Events Center at The Ranch
- Special $15 Scout Ticket for Scouts and their families (25% savings on door price)
- Scout Patches for first 200 Scouts in Uniform
- Player/Coach Presentation about values @ 5:30PM that night
- All Scout Night tickets will also be able to show their tickets for a Buy-1-Get-1 Half-Off on hats at the merchandise stand ($12.50 value) the night of the event
(and ticket info)
Scout Night at the Rockies
Take Me Out to the Ball Game!
Join Scouts and Scouters from the Longs Peak Council at the annual Scout Night at the Rockies
- Saturday, August 28th
- 6:10 pm
- Coors Field
- Cheer on the Rockies as they play the Los Angeles Dodgers!
- Scouts and Leaders in uniform may participate in a special pre-game parade and receive a Colorado Rockies
"Scout Day at Coors Field" patch!
- Read all the details about the event and find out about the pre-game parade Guidelines.
Scout Night at the Rockies Flyer
(Large file - - will take a while to download and open)
Tickets may be purchased online through the Rockies office:
Rockies Online Tickets (external site)
You will need to use this special offer code to get the discounted price: scouts
Note that there is a $1 / ticket charge for online orders.
Northern Colorado Scouts on Stamps Club
The Sunday meeting date proposed in an earlier email has not worked for several members, so the new meeting date is:
- Thursday - February 25th
- McKee 4-H Center at The Ranch (Larimer County Fairgrounds)
- Timnath Room
Items to be covered:
- Special 100th Anniversary cover and cancellation for the Ben Delatour Scout Ranch
- Possibility of another cover for the Boy Scout 100th Anniversary camporee at Hermit Park
- Scout stamp issues for 2010, including the USA Boy Scout stamp, Canada Girl Guides stamp, and
Greta Britain Girl Guides stamp
- Status of the World Scout Stamps Album
- Spring stamp show dates
- Sharing of member's new scout stamp additions
- Our usual trading session
Hopefully this date and time will meet most members schedules. If this does not work for you I am greatly sorry.
Information and applications for the NESA Eagle Scout Scholarships
are available on the National Eagle Scout Association website
.Note - You MUST use the new version of the application form.
Older versions will be rejected without consideration.
The submission deadline for NESA Scholarships is January 31.
For other Eagle Scout Scholarship opportunities, enter "Eagle Scout Scholarship" in your favorite search engine.
Messengers of Peace
Scouts Around the Globe Are Creating World Peace
Join In and Make a Difference
We want to encourage you to register TODAY
with the National Scouting Alumni Association!
William T. Hornaday Conservation Award
For information about the Hornaday Awards and Scholarships, please see our Conservation Page
The Adopt-A-Trail Program is a cooperative effort between volunteers and the Forest Service to provide much-needed maintenance on national forest trails.
This is a great long-term conservation service project opportunity for Troops, Teams and Crews.
Here's a brochure from the Canyon Lakes District of the Arapaho-Roosevelt National Forest with more information. Contact your local Forest Service office for opportunities in your area.
Duty To God Promotion Patch
A set of patches is available from P.R.A.Y.
to encourage Scouts to earn their religious emblem.