2017 Cub Scout Day Camp
CSI: Cub Scout Investigation
Date: June 9th and 10th, 2017
We Need your Help!
We’re still looking for rangemasters for our BB gun ranges at day camp. In order to volunteer in this role, you must complete Cub Day Camp Rangemaster Training.
Denver Area Council will offer Day Camp Rangemaster Training on Saturday, April 22, 2017, starting at 8:00 am. The location is Lyons LDS Church, 197 2nd Ave, Lyons ,CO. The cost is $10.00 per participant. Details in the Cub Day Camp Rangemaster Training Flyer.
T-Shirt Design Contest!
It’s Groundhogs Day! That means it’s time to start planning your “Cub Scout Summer”!! A great way to get started is by entering the
What is Cub Scout Day Camp?
Day camp is organized by the Indian Peaks District and is a multi-day program for Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts. It is conducted under certified leadership at an approved site during daylight hours. Day camp does not include any overnight activities. Certification of the day camp director and program director is provided through the National Camping School. Day camp programs are theme-based and usually include nature, sports, aquatics, and crafts.
Attending camp is a wonderful part of the Cub Scouting experience, and it helps your pack earn Scouting’s Journey to Excellence and Summertime Pack Awards. The Pack must provide leadership and adult supervision for their Cub Scouts who attend Day Camp, plus provide for transportation to and from the camps.
Cub Scout Day Camp 2016 – “Take Flight”
In 2016, Cub Scout Day Camp was held at the Boulder Valley Church of Christ on June 10th and 11th.
Thank you to all those who helped put on our amazing “Take Flight” Day Camp. We had educational and exciting presentations by Catherine Jepson of Raptor Watch and Captain William Boyd on Drones. Day Camp director Patty Shannon did a fantastic job organizing this event. The Scouts had a wonderful time learning all about the principles of flight with archery, bb-guns, water balloon beach volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, compass course, and an assortment of crafts. A BIG thank you to those listed below who assisted the event by being on the committee and/or hosting a station. We are already talking about next year, when our theme will be “CSI – Cub Scout Investigations”. If you have some great ideas, and would like to help on the committee or host a station for this event, please contact Patty Shannon.
- Patty S – Principles of Flight and Day Camp Director
- Camille F – Crafts and Committee
- Diann W – Crafts and Committee
- Dawnell P – Committee
- Tom H – BB-gun Director and Day Camp Program Director
- Jeffrey M – BB-gun RSO
- Dick H – Archery Director
- Charlie H – Archery and Committee
- Stephanie C – Archery RSO
- Don L – Archery instructor and RSO
- Gayle T – Water Balloon Beach Volley Ball and Committee
- Colleen H – Day Camp Medic
- Boy Scouts of Troop 49, 278, 69 – Compass Course
- Boulder Valley Church of Christ – Location Hosts
2016 Day Camp Reference Materials
- Event Flyer
- Pack Registration Form (one per Pack)
- Cub Scout Registration Form (one per Cub Scout)
- Adult Registration Form (one per adult)
- Youth Service Registration Form (one per Youth Service Volunteer)
- BSA Medical Form, Parts A and B (everyone must submit a medical form)
- Youth Protection Training Certificate (required for every adult)
2016 Day Camp Registration Fees
- $45 per scout through May 27, 2016 (FOS discount may apply); $55 per scout after May 27, 2016; and $60 per scout after June 3, 2016. Price included t-shirt. No cost for adults or youth volunteers.