November 15th, 2014
All the details are being organized by District, so please visit your District's Scouting for Food page or contact your District Executive
for more information:
(District Information will be linked when it is available)
Get your Scouting For Food Door Hangers at your Scout Store
or download them here
There is a front side and back side - print it 2-sided.
Area food banks are in need of the following:
- Canned Meat / Fish (Chicken, Salmon, ...)
- Canned Fruit, Vegetables & Soup
- Pasta / Rice / Mac & Cheese
- Healthy Kids Snacks
- Low Sugar Cereal
- Peanut Butter
- Fruit Juice
Scouting For Food Patch
Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts & Ventures who participate earn a patch provided by Longs Peak Council if their unit is pre-registered by November 14th. You will be contacted with instructions on how to submit the names of the participants.
Please register by November 14th.
Track Your Volunteers and Donations
Please use this form
to keep track of your scouts and adults who participated in Scouting For Food, and to summarize the food donated.
Report Your Service Hours
When your unit has completed any service project, please register the project with Good Turn for America
to ensure your service hours are recorded for the Journey to Excellence
program. Here are some helpful hints for this process:
- Your Unit ID is the same number used by your unit when recording Internet Advancement. If you do not know this number, please contact the Council Office at 800-800-4052 or 970-330-6305.
- The Longs Peak Council is Council number 062.
- Your local unit number must be four (4) digits. If your pack/troop number is only one, two or three digits, front fill with zeroes -- ie Pack 123 becomes Pack 0123.