Longs Peak Council
Boy Scouts of America
A Lifetime of Values
A recent study conducted by Louis Harris & Associates concluded that Scouting has a positive impact on values and achievements.
- 84% of men who were Scouts believe the values learned in Scouting continue to be very important to them
- 45% of men who were Scouts for five or more years are college graduates, compared to only 16% of men who were never Scouts.
- 75% of inductees into Who's Who in America were once Scouts.
Scouts that were polled indicated that Scouting has taught them to:
- 89% Take better care of the environment
- 87% Have confidence in themselves
- 88% Get along with others
- 87% Set goals for themselves
- 86% Care for other people
- 86% Treat others with respect
- 87% Always give their best effort
Last Updated Saturday, 13-Nov-2010 19:51:37 MST