Longs Peak Council
Boy Scouts of America
Information for Cubmasters, Scoutmasters, Crew Advisors, Committee Chairs
The BSA launched a new recruiting tool in July, 2010 called BeAScout.
- It lets prospective members find Scouting Units (Packs, Troops, Teams, Crews) in their city or neighborhood.
- When they enter their address and select a program (eg Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturing), a map comes up showing the units close to them.
- By default, only basic info about each unit is shown, and the local Council Office is listed as the contact.
- To provide more unit details and the unit contact information, the unit leader must log in to his/her myscouting.org account (the one you go to for online training, etc), and configures the info for his/her unit.
- All Unit Leaders are urged to login to configure their unit's BeAScout information!
- More details on how to do this can be found in this BSA webinar: www.scouting.org/filestore/beascout/ppt/beascoutwebinarpresentation.ppt
Note: Slides 9-28 show the detailed steps for Unit Leaders.
(Other slides cover how the council administers BeAScout, and how it works for parents looking for a scout unit.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Council staff expert in BeAScout is Michael Turner at the Greeley Office:
Phone: 970 584-2219
Last Updated Thursday, 09-Sep-2010 00:15:17 CDT